The IET Vision and Imaging Network will
make awards to the best PhD and MSc
projects nominated by a university
department for the excellence of work in
vision and imaging technologies.
MSc Prize - £200, PhD Prize - £400
Enquiries: Natalie Sullivan
Deadline: 1st May 2015
Submissions: Via this link
You can download a copy of the poster here (8.2MB)
Students must prepare an abstract to summarize their project in less than 300 words.
They must obtain a supporting statement from one of their external examiners (PhD) or departmental
tutor (MSc) confirming the project's value and explaining why it
deserves special recognition.
The abstract and supporting statement must be presented a single PDF document containing
no more than three A4 pages including a cover sheet giving the prize category of the entry (MSc or PhD),
the title of the project, the name of the student and email address, the name of the author of the
supporting statement and email address, the name of the entrant's Department and University.
The PDF should be submitted to the judging panel as instructed in this web page
Each University Department may only submit one entry for each prize category (PhD, MSc).
The submission must relate to a project for which a PhD or MSc thesis was examined in 2014 or 2015.
For PhD entrant this will be the determined by the date of the student's viva. For an MSc entrant
this will be determined by the date the thesis was submitted by the student for examination.
Winners of the awards will be notified
by email on 2 July 2015. They
will be invited to attend ICDP-2015 in
London where the
awards will be presented. Reasonable
travel expenses and accommodation will
be reimbursed up to a total of £250,
subject to prior approval.
The judging panel will be made up of
the committee members of the IET
Vision and Imaging Network or their
Each submission will be judged on
the basis of academic excellence,
value of the work to the wider
engineering community and public
benefit, business potential,novelty of
the basic idea and its implementation.
Terms and Conditions
- The submission requirements and entry criteria must be satisfied as detailed above
- It is a condition of entry that the student agrees for their name and abstract to be published if they win the award. Winners will be
expected to sign any reasonable agreements in respect of the publishing or reproduction of their abstract.
- The decision of the judges is final and interpretation of the term 'best' is entirely at their discretion.
- Neither the judges, committee members of the V&I Network or the IET will enter into any correspondence with regards to judging
- The judges reserve the right to communicate with the student or the author of the supporting statement in order to seek further clarification about the entry