Information for IEEE Student Authors (Region 8)
We have the following information about travel support for IEEE Student Authors via the
Region 8 Voluntary Contribution Fund (VCF) :
- The student must be an IEEE student member (we understand that the rules state that the recipient must be in the second year of membership).
- The student must reside in IEEE Region 8.
- The student's application must have the explicit support of the Chair of the Section in which the student resides.
- Support is limited to a maximum of 1000 US dollars equivalent.
- The student must be the main (e.g. first named) author of a paper accepted for presentation at the conference (we think that a poster would also be acceptable).
The above is just a summary of the main conditions. Please see the VCF page for full datails. We understand that the normal process is for the student to get the money after the conference is over and once they have submitted their report and expense claim to IEEE (there might be scope for dealing with individual cases differently if exceptional circumstances justify it).
Applications need to be sent to Adam Jastrzebski, alternate email.